Monday, December 15, 2008

Cookie-Tracker 2008


This is more for me to keep track of my nerdy baking life than anything else, but if you are into vegan baking/the PPK/extreme list-oriented nerdiness you may find it interesting to read this growing list of what I have baked for this holiday season. I'll keep updating as I bake, then post a picture of the assorted vegan cookie plate I am going to bring to my parents' place for Christmas Eve. The plan is that I save one batch of everything I make to make an office-party-esque cookie tray. So far the saving part is not going so well, but I can always make more. :) Keep checking back to this post, I won't be making new ones as I add, just adding on to this one...

So, the (to be added-to) list...

1. Sparkled Ginger Cookies from Vegan With a Vengeance *with baking powder instead of baking soda mishap that actually worked out great! they were just puffier and chewier rather than flat and crispy. yum! i used 3/4 cup of sugar rather than the 1 cup. 

2. Buttery Lemon Cutout Cookies from Vegan With a Vengeance *I had problems rolling these out, so I turned them into little rustic circular shortbread looking cookies instead. they are deeee-licious.

3. Gingerbread Cutout Cookies from La Dolce Vegan *i am determined to use the cute mitten cookie cutter that my mom just gave me! i wanted to use them for the lemon cookies above, but no go, so gingerbread mittens it is.  (i hope -- the dough is chilling now.) update: dough was still a bit breaky, so i went with the smaller gingerbread reindeer, which was actually cuter as the dough was a perfect Rudolph Brown colour. I will be using an Isa Moskowitz recipe for the bigger men and mittens which I've used before with success. The reindeer are so good btw -- they use shortening (organic earth balance) so they have an oreo crispy melty thing going on that is rare in the gingerbread galaxy.

4. Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies - from Vegan With a Vengeance. I made them with apricot jam, and am going to make raspberry, too. I used only 1/2 a cup of sugar instead of 2/3 of a cup, but in this case I think the greater amount of sugar would have worked better. I'll be putting in the full amount for the raspberry ones.

xo.h




No comments: