i haven't posted here in a month.
to kickstart content, i am going to fill out the vegan blogger survey that all the good vegan bloggers are filling out for MOFO (a month of vegan food writing, basically...) If you are completely uninterested in veganism nerding, you might want to hit the back button now. :)
1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
nutrisoy plain - not chalky, not tofu-y tasting - just clean goodness, and supp'd with vitamin d and b12, as well as calcium, etc. in good amounts.
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
- vegan chocolate cheesecake
- vegan veggie pot pie
- vegan pumpkin chocolate brownies
3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
- sunflower oil, salt, garlic powder and nutritional yeast -- tastes exactly like dad's orange popcorn from the 80s.
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
- gluten free gnocchi (dissolved on contact with the huge kettle of boiling water) and the raw on the inside fried pancake thingies i tried to make with the rest of the gnocchi dough. turns out the gluten is what holds gnocchi together. oops.
- pancakes in a stainless steel frying pan. never, ever try this.
5. Favorite pickled item?
those pink falafel things you get in montreal.
6. How do you organize your recipes?
i buy alot of cookbooks and keep anything else on my computer.
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
trash, sadly -- no compost in my building.
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods...what would they be (don't worry about how you'll cook them)?
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
eating plums from my backyard with my sister and pretending we were runaways.
10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
the oven! also the hand blender for blending soups right in the pot.
12. Spice/herb you would die without?
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?re
fresh at home by ruth tal-brown
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
vegan chocolate cake with ganache icing
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
tofu, for it's endless possibilities
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
dinner parties for two
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
a basket containing odds and ends that i sort through once a week (okay. once a month)
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
wheat germ, flax seeds, frozen pancake batter
20. What's on your grocery list?
saffron, nori-mu silken tofu, vegan organic icing sugar
21. Favorite grocery store?
gotta say whole foods -- sorry, small health food stores who don't have all the things i need...
22. Name a recipe you'd love to veganize, but haven't yet.
dairy queen mint oreo blizzard
23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa's because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3?
whatever isa's is linking to that day
24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
cocoa camino mint dark chocolate bar
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
organic fair trade dutch process cocoa powder
26. What are you having for dinner tomorrow?
Rotini with sundried tomatoes, capers and artichoke hearts with vegan caesar salad